Monday, April 9, 2012

Gas explosion kills one and injures 12



Initial investigation showed that 31-year-old Le Minh Viet from Dong Thap was transferring gas from a 12-kg cylinder to mini ones to cook. Viet mistakenly thought that the tank was empty so he opened its valve, allowing gas to permeate his room and the four neighbouring rooms. 
 
When a burner for cooking was lit in one of these rooms, it caused a gas explosion and flames spread throughout the whole boarding house.


Le Minh Viet and his wife received extensive burns. People in the four neighbouring rooms also suffered from serious burns.

All of them were sent to Army Corps 4 Hospital and Cho Ray Hospital.

The incident is still under investigation.

Some pictures of the explosion: